Reopening Strategies Updated
Dear Sampa Students and Parents,
Tomorrow we are open!!!
We certainly miss you all, We never expected to have this happening to us, something that we only saw in movies. We hope this message finds you, your family, and friends in great health. Hopefully, you have maintained your health and training by doing the online Zoom classes, For those who made to the zoom classes, we can only say one thing to you: We’ve made it, we have beaten the odds together. We will continue to do this online home training for as long as we can possibly even after reinstating classes at Sampa Academy as we have seen it be extremely beneficial for many of you and because it is an old project that just became reality.
We can reopen this upcoming Monday, June 15th, we want all of our customers to know we are working as hard as we can behind closed doors. We’re working on plans to accommodate the COVID-19 situation considering there will likely be restrictions when we reopen. We will always strive to provide the best value we can with the circumstances that we have. Some of the things stated below are not set in stone but are likely to be the accommodations we will implement to ensure the safety of our staff, students, and parents.
Phase One Reopening plans:
- Students should practice social distance as entering the dojo. Once inside a quick no-touch temperature check will be done before entering the gym.
- No one should enter the training area using shoes, Please place them in the shoe rack and before stepping on the mat, all students and athletes should step on the disinfecting foot bathing tray.
- Drop-offs only. No one will be in the viewing area unless it’s absolutely necessary due to your child’s age (7 or younger) or other specific reasons which you can bring to our attention by contacting us. Social distancing will be required if more than one parent is in the viewing area.
- No more than two people at a time in any restroom.
- Upon class ends, students must leave swiftly.
- Classes will be shortened and limited to 10-12 students per class. We might have more classes opening up to assure you will have a spot to train. Classes will be staggered throughout the day with new, afternoon, and evening classes opening up to accommodate our entire student base, zoom classes will remain.
- If you are feeling sick stay at home. We will not allow sick students into class.
- Classes will be arranged in stations to maximize student separation and have limited touching by coaches. All staff will wear face masks and also temperature checks before starting work.
- We will implement a 15-minute sanitizing session between each and every class.
- Again, Upon entering (front door), shoes must be placed on the shoe rack before proceeding to view/mat area as we have done already in the past but now no exceptions.
- Again, Prior to entering mat, feet must be dipped in a sanitizing solution and to be wiped off with a dry towel. Hands must be sanitized as well.
- A rash guard/shirt must be worn underneath the gi at all times, as we have done already in the past but now no exceptions.
- Students should bring their own water bottles as drinking fountains will be off-limits/shut.
- Students must maintain a 6-foot distance of others on their designated area of the mat.
- Solo drills will be implemented and will be the core of the class. A dummy will be required to participate. We have a handful available and we are acquiring more. One can be purchased outside of the school to be brought in or one can be made using a hoodie, a gi jacket, towel, and pillows.
- Any questions or interaction with the staff regarding memberships, billing, etc will be done over the phone and not face to face.
Find/buy your dummy here: